Who is In, and Who is Not? Determining the Gaia Survey Selection Function
This project is funded by the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation program under grant agreement No 101004110.
GaiaUnlimited aims at determining the Gaia survey selection function and providing corresponding data and tools. The GaiaUnlimited project was started at the 2019 Santa Barbara Gaia Sprint, hosted by the Kavli Institute for Theoretical Physics at the University of California, Santa Barbara.
- The code for the GaiaUnlimited tools is hosted at https://github.com/gaia-unlimited.
- See the Tools and Data pages for more details
This project kicked off on 2021-01-01 and you can expect the first results, data, and tools to appear in 2022. Selection functions developed independently for Gaia DR2 and EDR3 can be found on the Related Projects page.
- Prototype V2 of the GaiaUnlimited tools availableAhead of the second GaiaUnlimited community workshop we make available the second version of the Gaia selection function tools. These will be introduced and explained during the workshop. The code and data are available here.
- GaiaUnlimited community workshop 2, Oct 4-6 2023The second GaiaUnlimited community workshop will take place on October 4 to 6 2023 at the Osservatorio Astrofisico di Torino, Turin, Italy. This event will be a three-day workshop and unconference, where we will discuss and learn from each other about the finer details of the Gaia selection function and how to build and use … Read more
- Vacancy for Research Assistant/Associate in GaiaUnlimited at Cambridge UniversityApplications are invited for a postdoctoral position at the Institute of Astronomy, Cambridge to work on the survey selection function for the Gaia mission. The research will be done as part of the GaiaUnlimited project. The aim is to research, develop, and implement the Gaia survey selection function, as well as selection functions for Gaia … Read more
- Emperical Gaia DR3 selection funtion paper on arXivThis paper present an emprically determined selection function for Gaia DR3. It is a simple analytical completeness model of Gaia as a function of the observed G magnitude and position over the sky, which accounts for both the effects of crowding and the complex Gaia scanning law. The model only depends on a single quantity: … Read more
- GaiaUnlimited community workshop Sep 13-15 2022The first GaiaUnlimited community workshop will take place on September 13 to 15 2022 at the MPIA in Heidelberg, Germany. This event will be a three-day workshop and unconference, where we will discuss and learn from each other about the finer details of the Gaia selection function and how to build and use it in … Read more